Topic 2:-FLUID PRESSURE & MEASUREMENT
- What is pressure head?
- State the Pascal’s law.
- Define the following-
- a) Absolute pressure
- b) Gauge pressure
- c) Atmospheric pressure
- d) Absolute pressure
- Explain Inverted U-tube manometer.
- Define the total pressure on immersed bodies and centre of pressure.
- Explain the total pressure and centre of pressure on horizontally submerged plane surface.
- Explain the Bourdon’s tube pressure gauge.
- A rectangular tank 4m x 2m contains water up to depth of 1.2 meters. Calculate the total pressure on base of the tank.
- Find specific gravity of liquid if its rise in the piezometer is 55cm for a pressure of 4100 N/m2.
- Convert 15 N/cm2 pressure in oil column of specific gravity 0.80.
- Convert 18 cm mercury column equivalent to water column.
- An equilateral triangular plate of base 3.5m and altitude 3m is immersed vertically in an oil of specific gravity 0.8.determine the total pressure and depth of centre of pressure of the plate.
- You are advised to go through last 4 Year Model answer Question paper and prepare the questions that have been asked on the Basic of Pressure Measurement. Stay Connected…..
Mr.Ashish Ravindra Lande